Quad Equities respects the privacy of the people we deal with and we uphold high standards of privacy practice and security. This policy explains how we handle personal information and how we interact with you online.
Whenever we handle personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate standards of privacy practice and security are applied.
The information we collect
For most products and services, it is necessary for us to collect ‘personal information’ such as your name, identity details, photos, contact details and transaction information. We may also need to collect other personal details (such as gender, marital status, and financial information) and other information from which you can be identified.
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about you unless required by law or where you consent for us to do so (and in any event only where it is relevant to your product). We will not collect sensitive information about you where this is expressly prohibited by local law. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- political or religious beliefs
- sexual orientation and sexual life
- criminal convictions
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions
- biometric and health information
- information about your affiliation with certain organisations, such as professional associations.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality services. This may include joint ventures with Quad Equities Pty Ltd and or its related entities (such as building and funding services) or services and advice provided by entities involved in the various project activities undertaken by Quad Equities Pty Ltd and its related entities
- consider approaches you make to us
- conduct marketing and social functions
- maintain your contact details
How we collect your information
We collect personal information about you directly from you — this can be in person, in documents you give us, from telephone calls, emails, competitions you enter, your access to our website or from transactions you make. We take reasonable steps to be transparent about how and why we collect personal data.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including public sources, agents, introducers, referrers, brokers, our related companies and service providers.
How we store your information
We keep personal information in physical and electronic records, at our premises and the premises of our service providers, which may include processing or storage in the cloud, which may mean in practice that this information is stored outside Australia. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect the security and integrity of personal information.
We also keep records of our interactions with you (including by telephone, email and online) and of your transaction history.
How we use your information
We use personal information about you for the purpose for which it was provided to us, including to:
- administer and manage our projects
- model and test data (in a controlled environment)
- develop feasibility, risk assessments and related analytical tools
- communicate with you and deal with enquiries
We may also:
- anonymise your data for our own purposes including market research, new project development
- use or permit our affiliates to use your personal information for related purposes to the extent that it is lawful to do so without your express permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to inform you about projects which we expect may be of interest to you. However, if you do not want to receive such communications you can tell us by using any of the methods listed below.
While we may sometimes – where it is lawful and with your permission if necessary – share personal information with companies we do business with (e.g. in project development and joint venture arrangements), we do not sell personal information for marketing purposes to other organisations or allow such companies to do this.
When your information is disclosed
Subject in all cases to local law, we may share personal information within Quad Equities, and may disclose personal information outside Quad Equities:
- projectsand joint venture partners
- to our affiliates
- to your nominated financial adviser with your permission
- as contained in the terms and conditions of any specific product or service.
We may also disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) in connection with the undertaking of our principal investment activities including, but not limited to, acquisitions, joint ventures, and the management of any parts of our business, and the provision of any debt to another party.
In some circumstances the parties to whom we disclose personal information may operate outside of Australia. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss and to comply with local law in respect of the transfer of your data from one jurisdiction to another. Those parties, in turn, may make such information available to the governments of such other countries in accordance with local law requirements.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information, we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Keeping information secure
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Quad Equities seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information — this includes internal policies, auditing, training and monitoring of staff.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure the privacy of the information provided to them.
How you can access or correct your information
You can contact us to request access to or correction of your personal information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access or make the requested corrections to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny these requests. If your request is denied, we will provide you with the reason why (if we can). Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
Dealing with Quad Equities online
When you visit Quad Equities websites you will generally browse anonymously unless you have logged into a client portal or accessed the website from a personalised communication from Quad Equities .
Once you have logged into a Quad Portal, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you, or provided us with personal information by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you and we may combine that with other information in order to provide you with a better online experience. If you would prefer not to be identified, you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below).
A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information placed on a user’s computer by a website for record keeping purposes. While cookies are not considered personal information, they are generally used on Quad Equities sites to:
- manage advertising – when you see one of our ads on a third-party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about the page you visit and the type of software you are using
- monitor traffic – we use anonymous information to track how people are using the Quad Equities site. This may include time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer you are using
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
If you have any questions or complaints regarding privacy or information handling, please write to email@example.com or contact us by phone. Please mark communications to the attention of our Privacy Officer. We will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response.
Policy updated April 2020